Andorra is not only a major European ski center, but also a country with good cultural and natural potential for the dynamic development of tourism. The historical and museum attractions of Andorra and the variety of hiking trails through the country's landscapes attract more and more travelers every year.
Description of Andorra
The Principality of Andorra is the largest European dwarf state, spread out among the Pyrenees and surrounded on all sides by Spain and France. These states have historically been responsible for the preservation of the country by association.
Andorra in its political structure belongs to the parliamentary monarchy (principality). Since 1278, the French president (formerly the king) and the bishop of Urhel (Spain) act as rulers according to the established tradition. The euro is valid in the country.
The country spreads over an area of 468 square meters. km and 87 thousand people live in it. The climate in the state is subtropical of the mountainous Pyrenean type, but mitigated by the proximity of the Mediterranean. A small river Valira flows through the whole country.
Andorra is not a member of the Schengen agreement and does not require a visa for a stay of less than 3 months, but you can get here only through Spain or France, respectively, you need to apply for a Schengen with the possibility of a double visit. The country does not have airports, ports, railway lines, only roads.
Andorra la Vella is considered the highest mountain among European capitals.
The country consists of 7 parkokis or communities:
- Andorra la Vella.
- La Massana.
- Sant Julia de Loria.
Milestones in the history of the state are reflected in the table:
|II c. BC e.||The first information about the population of the future Andorra is in Roman documents.|
|790 g||Guaranteed independence of Andorra by the Frankish king Charlemagne. According to the established historical tradition, the emergence of the country is attributed to Charlemagne, who organized an outpost here to combat Arab progress on the Iberian Peninsula.|
|805 g||The name of this territory Andorra appears among the documents of Bishop Urhel.|
|1278 g||The dual suzerainty of the representatives of France and Spain was established over Andorra.|
|1934||Development of principles for the modern constitution of the country.|
|1934||Boris Skosyrev makes a coup and becomes the king of Andorra. After 12 days, overthrown.|
|1993 year||In 1993, a constitution was adopted, seriously restricting the rights of the rulers of the country and expanding the powers of parliament.|
Andorra is known worldwide for its ski resorts with quality service and reasonable prices. The country has 2 main resort zones: Grandvalira and Val Nord.
Top 10 most interesting sights of Andorra
Andorra, whose sights are not only ski resorts, but also historical and architectural buildings, creates significant tourist interest.
Top 10 are the following attractions:
- Old quarter of Barry Antique Andorra la Vella. It was from this area that construction of the future capital in the 10th century began. Starting in 1278, this city became the political center of the Principality of Andorra. Many buildings have been preserved here since the Middle Ages.
- Church of Santa Coloma - This ancient building of the state (X century) is recognized as an example of the pre-Roman style and keeps unique church works inside.
- Grandvalira and Val Nord ski areas known for good slopes, many lifts and elevations of 1000 m with picturesque landscapes.
- The ruins of the castle in the village of Le Bones. Historians believe that the castle once belonged to the Count Foix family. Nearby is an old tower called the Tower of the Moors, which performed sentinel functions.
- Estanis del Angonella - This is a natural place with a number of small lakes in the middle of the mountains, located 16 km from the village of Llorts.
- Coma Pedrosa Valley Public Nature Park in La Massana. There are hiking trails in picturesque places, and there is also the opportunity to climb the funicular of Andorra to Mount Coma Pedrosa on the funicular.
- Car museum has in its collection a large number of exhibits from bicycles to cars.
- Spa Caldea. There are several outdoor pools. Also saunas and jacuzzi. Visitors will be able to swim in the thermal geysers.
- La Margineda Bridge - This is a popular place for tourist visits, is the cultural heritage of Andorrans. Romanesque bridge was founded in the XII century. and thrown across the Valira River. An example of medieval engineering.
- House-Museum of the Areni-Plandolit family in Ordino. This is a vivid example of the Andorran manor of a wealthy family. In addition to the building itself, there is a museum and a garden.
Architectural objects and monuments of Andorra
The architect of Andorra is a vivid example of a combination of the typical medieval style of the valleys and modern buildings.
This is reflected in:
- Plaza del Poble in the capital of the country is an architectural ensemble where the State Theater and the Academy of Music are located. From this place a picturesque view of the city opens. This is a popular place for shopping.
- Central square of Ordino - This is a popular place among locals and tourists. Here are located:
- Sant Corneli Temple,
- Temple of Sant Sebria,
- To - the city council building.
- Source Font Dells Coms in Sant Julia de Loria It has a hundred-year history and was originally intended for watering horses.
- Romanesque bridges of San Antoni de la Grella in La Massana and Margeneda at Sant Julia de Loria are examples of typical valley architecture. Both structures are one arched and in good condition.
- Water Mill Kal Pal and the Ordino sawmill are examples of old industrial architecture. The buildings were erected in the XVI-XVII centuries. Currently, there are guided tours telling about the principles of work of ancient buildings.
Bari Antik (old quarter) is the birthplace of the Andorran capital.
- The Casa de los Valle (House of the Valleys) building was built of natural stone in 1580. The building is of great historical importance for the country. Since 1702, the house became owned by the state parliament. The building has the status of cultural and historical value of Andorra. For excursion visits are available:
- guest room
- a kitchen with antique utensils,
- Hall of the General Council, where political problems of the state were solved.
- Watch tower
- Church of St. Stephen (San Esteban) was built in the XI century.
- Typical Andorran architecture of the Middle Ages is represented in the houses of the historical center.
The historical site of Le Bon in Encamp is notable for the elaborated organization of the irrigation system among the stones and consists of:
- The ruins of the castle of the XII century. possibly owned by the counts of Foix.
- Watch Tower XIII century.
- Bathing Queen of the Moors.
- Church of Sant Roma de les Bon XII century.
The possession of the Counts of Urgel Castle d'Enclar is located near the capital of the country. It was built in the IX century. The castle is notable for a watchtower. Now here is a museum representing the original interiors of the fortress.
What museums in Andorra are worth a visit
Andorra, whose sights may surprise, is rich in museums, many of them have unique exhibits that can interest travelers.
The following museum objects are located in the country:
- Casa Rule Museum can be found in the settlement of Sisponi. All the original types of crafts and labor of the local population are exhibited here.
- Andorra Automobile Museum It is considered a significant complex, because more than 200 types of vehicles of different eras are collected here. There is a remarkable exhibit in the exposition - this is the steam engine of Pinet, launched in 1898. It is located in Encamp. The cost of visiting is 5 euros.
- Areni-Plandolit Family House Museum occupies a historic family homestead dating from 1633. The interior is presented here in an original state, and shows the typical life of wealthy Andorran landowners.
- Comics Exposition Located in La Massana and has an extensive collection of comics. The museum boasts a large collection of horror comics. It regularly hosts exhibitions of contemporary masters of this genre, as well as master classes.
Comic Museum in Andorra
- Motorcycle Museum in the Canillo settlement is assembled thanks to enthusiasts. Here you can trace the history and formation of technical thought in the field of motorcycle production. The oldest exhibit is the Frances diamant of 1912, and in total there are more than 150 models in the museum's collection. Entrance ticket costs 9 euros.
- Perfume Museum in Escaldes immerses visitors into the world of fragrant essences. Here are more than 1 thousand flasks with aromas. Visitors can try to create their own fragrance. Entrance ticket costs 5 euros.
- Open-air museum "Rocks on the street" in Encamp. It is divided into 3 routes:
- the rock garden is dedicated to the geological diversity of Andorra and shows a long history of the existence of stones on the planet,
- the geological route has 10 stops at the buildings of the settlement, where the plates tell what materials it was built from,
- the granite route passes through the city streets with stops at buildings built from this material.
- Postal Museum in Andorra It is housed in a historic building, Casa de la Val. There is an extensive collection of postage stamps. The exposition tells the story of the formation of the postal service in Andorra.
- The complex of Orthodox iconography in Ordino created at the initiative of a diplomat from Ukraine Anton Zorzano living in the country. Visitors will be able to learn the features of icon painting in Orthodox painting. The museum has icons of the 15th century, but mainly of the 17th-19th centuries.
- Museum of Russian Nesting Dolls in Escaldes located in 3 rooms. The exposition has 300 various wooden dolls, which have a unique traditional Russian pattern.
- Museum of Tobacco in the region of San Giulia de Loria, which is famous for producing the best cigars in Europe. The museum has a rich exhibition of old equipment, documents and samples of issued cigars. The cost of visiting is 5 euros.
Cathedrals, churches, temples of Andorra
Andorra, whose attractions provide an example of Romanesque architecture, is well represented in churches and cathedrals.
There are more than 30 of them in the country. Here it is worth noting:
- Church of the Blessed Virgin of Meritchell (Sanctuary of Our Lady of Meritschell). In honor of this saint in the country there is a national holiday. Samia church was erected between Encamp and Canillo, at the site of the discovery of the statue of the Holy, in the XII century. In 1972, the old temple burned down. A few years later, in front of the burnt church, a Sanctuary was erected. The old church has a museum.
- Santa coloma is a building of the pre-Roman style, which dates back to the X century. It is located in the eponymous settlement near the capital of the country. The appearance of the church is ascetic, as well as the interior decoration. The belfry of the church is unusual, having a round base and arched window openings. The country's oldest church holds icons of the 12th century. Baroque altar, wooden sculptures.
- Church of San Esteve located in Bari Antik in the capital. This is an example of 12th century Romanesque architecture. Key attraction of the country.
- Sant Joan de Casells located north of Canillo. This church is one of the most important sights of the country, vividly characterizing the 11th century Romanesque style. Unique murals and murals have been preserved here.
- Church of St. John located near Canillo. She presents an example of Romanesque architectural style of the 11th-12th centuries. The bell tower of the building is a structure in the Lombard architectural style.
- Temple of San Martín de la Cortinada located next to Ordino. It is unique in its rich interior decoration with murals dating from the 12th century, a baroque altar and furniture of the 17th century.
Parks, gardens and squares of Andorra
Andorra is a picturesque corner of Europe with a unique nature. The country's settlements are successfully inscribed in the landscape.
Among the broken parks it is worth noting:
1. Central city park spreads along the embankment of Valira in the capital of the country. The architect of the park area was Daniel Gilbert Fontova. The park is noteworthy:
- picnic lawns and alleys,
- children's play complexes
- active recreation area for youth,
- a restaurant with an outdoor terrace,
- a garden of stones collected here from different parts of Andorra. The area is equipped with information signs.
2. Gardens of the Areni-Plandolit Manor have on their territory a national concert hall and a museum of zoology.
Paleontological and archaeological sites
The territory of the Pyrenees has been inhabited since the Paleolithic era. While in Andorra, rock paintings and primitive finds have not received much attention.
Archaeological sites are represented by medieval settlements:
1. Archaeological site of La Marzheneda located next to Santa Coloma. This place became available in 2012. Scientists consider this archaeological site the most significant of the discovered settlements on the southern slopes of the Pyrenees.
Archaeologists report findings from the Bronze Age to the 19th century, but the most important is the settlement of the 12th-14th centuries, which illustrate well the medieval everyday life of Andorra.
- excursions are held in the summer by appointment,
- the cost of visiting is 6 euros,
- children under 12 years old are free,
- senior citizens 3 euros,
2. Archaeological sites of the Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valleyprotected by UNESCO. Scientists have found here the remains of human settlements dating back to the 7th century. On the territory of the archaeological site there are 12 houses built of granite with slate roofs.
Ancient settlers mastered light metallurgy and cultivated agricultural plants. Here are ancient forges and cattle pens.
Natural attractions of Andorra
The country has developed about 250 km of hiking trails of varying difficulty.
On a small territory of the state there are 3 national parks and several popular tourist areas:
- Valley of Madriu Perafita-Claror in Escaldes It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site (since 2004). The largest Andorran reserve (10% of the territory of Andorra). Portal del Valle is a tourist center for receiving visitors. In the park you can stop, there are mountain shelters.
- Coma Pedrosa Valley Public Nature Park spread out in the community of La Massana. 6 glaciers are noteworthy here and the highest point in the country is Mount Coma Pedrosa with lakes on its slopes. The park has well-designed hiking trails. On Coma Pedrosa, you can hike or take the lift.
- Canillo Valley Sorteni Natural Park It has been protected by the state since 1999. The reserve is considered the smallest in area, but has a rich flora (over 700 species) and wildlife. A Nature Center has been created in La Cortinada - a modern museum for the information and educational activities of the reserve.
- Egnolasters Lake located next to Encamp at an altitude of 1600 m. It is the only artificial lake in Andorra and is popular with tourists. In the 30s. XX century a dam was built here for the needs of a hydroelectric power station, creating an artificial reservoir. Hiking routes are organized here, there are about 80 hotels and a cable car. Access to it is possible only on foot. The valley is a glacial gorge with meadows and the remains of archaeological ruins.
- Group of mountain lakes Estanis del Angonella. The hiking trails laid there are tourist attractions. Natural attractions are 15 km from the village of Llorts in the Ordino community. Tobacco fields grow near this settlement.
- Incles Valley recognized as the most picturesque place of the principality. There is a highway with hotels and shops. A mountain river flows through the valley and several recreation areas and picnics are laid out along it.
Modern objects of Andorra, interesting to visit
Andorra is actively developing as a tourist country, where modern resort complexes, buildings and street sculptures are being built.
It is worth noting here:
- Thermal Aqua Complex Caldea, located in the community of Escaldes-Engordany, was opened in 1994 and since then has the status of the largest European thermal center in the mountains. Local waters have a beneficial effect on the human skin and nervous system.
- Outlet Factory Outlet Andorra - It is the largest trade center in the country. A variety of products are available at low prices. The shopping center hosts regular daily promotions.
- Two bridges are thrown across the Valira River. The cable-stayed bridge of Paris - this modern building has pylons made of white metal, which are connected from above by a white ball. The bridge of Madrid is outwardly identical to the bridge of Paris, but its base goes into the neighboring rock.
- Bronze sculpture “The nobility of time” Salvador Dali (copy) is located on the embankment of the Valira River.
- Madriu Aquatic Center in Escaldes It is located on the embankment of the Valira River and impresses with its modern bright glass architecture. It was opened in 2011 to familiarize visitors with the thermal springs of the Madriu Valley. Visitors on excursions get acquainted with the features of water resources using interactive and sensory equipment, and the complex also offers extensive development programs. The visit is free.
- Russian towers in the capital of Andorra la Villa - This is an example of granite architecture. Restored in 1997
Top 5 places to relax with a child
Andorra has plenty of fun for families. At all ski resorts and in the cities of the country, childcare is provided.
1. Naturlandia - Ecoparkwhere there is adventure and the opportunity to meet animals. It is located in the community of Sant Julia de Loria. Only in this park are cross-country skiing trails where instructors teach children.
Also here is:
- high-speed tubing and mini-tubing,
- Airtrekk cableway 13 m high,
- the world's longest snow toboggan Tobotronc (5.3 km),
- riding on animals.
2. The Canillo Ice Palace offers:
- ice riding on ATVs on marked and safe tracks,
- figure skating classes
- air-conditioned pool
- children's play area.
3. Skiing and snowboarding training or family vacations in Grandvalira or Vallnord. Children of all levels of training are taught here. The resorts have children's rooms for children of any age.
- Grandvalier offers 2 children's clubs for children from 1-4 years old and 5 snow clubs for children from 4-8 years4
- Valyanord offers 3 children's clubs for children from 1-4 years old and 3 snow parks for children from 4-8 years old. The Mountain Park is especially popular.
4. The thermal complex "Caldea" in which the Magic Park children's entertainment club is open.
5. Family Park in Canillo (Mon (t) Magic Family Park) offers cheesecake rides on special pistes.
Also waiting for children:
- dry pools
- horseback riding around
- dog sledding
Independent route for the tourist
Andorra, the sights of which is worth a visit, is available for independent tourism.
You can make the following route:
- The capital of the country Andorra la Villa deserves special attention. It is worth taking time for a walk in Bari Antik - the old city center with its medieval buildings.
- From the old quarter of the capital, you can visit the path that runs through the surrounding mountains.
- Embankment of the Valira River, where there are remarkable sculptures.
- Shopping in the capital is concentrated on Charleman Avenue and Meritsel Avenue. Prices in the country are 20-40% lower than in neighboring countries, since goods are not subject to duties.
- It is worth paying attention to the churches of the capital, for example, Santa Coloma and Sant Esteve.
- From the capital, crossing the street you can get to Escaldes - Engordany. Here you can relax and unwind in Caldea - a hot spring water center. And also appreciate the Romanesque and Gothic architecture of the city and visit museums of spirits and water.
- Walks in the city of Canillo (10 km from the capital). It is worth visiting the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Meritchel and the Motorcycle Museum.
- Encamp (7 km from the capital) has a car museum.
- Andorra is known for its nature, so it is worth a trip to the picturesque Lake Engolastes. You must leave Andorra la Villa and follow the mountain serpentine. There are hiking trails with signs.
- In the Llorts settlement of the Ordino community, the Iron Road tour begins. A walk along it will plunge into the industrial history of Andorra. The route ends at the church of Sant Marti de la Cortinada. The visit is free. The road in both directions takes 8.5 km.
- In Ordino (8 km from the capital) it is worth visiting the Areni Plandolit House Museum.
Andorra - this picturesque place in the center of the Pyrenees mountains can interest not only high-quality ski holidays, but also natural and historical sights. First of all, Andorra surprises with hiking trails in the country's reserves and an abundance of early Roman architecture.
Article design: Mila Friedan
1. Chapel of Sant Joan de Caselles (Sant Joan de Caselles Church)
North of the small village of Canillo, is the chapel of San Juan de Casellles. It is considered one of the best Romanesque buildings in Andorra. The rich history of the chapel is rooted in the 11th century. The interior of the chapel is decorated with excellent old frescoes, as well as the well-preserved figure of Christ on the Cross, surrounded by a unique polychrome painting. The chapel is one of the main historical attractions of Andorra.
2. Spa complex Center Caldea (Center Termolúdic Caldea)
In the center of Andorra is the huge center of Caldea, the largest spa complex in Europe; it dominates the skyline of Escaldes with its magnificent glass facade. In Caldea, they use unique natural sulfur thermal springs. More than a million visitors visit Caldea annually.
3. The city of Ordino and Casa Arena Pladolit (Ordino and Casa Plairal d’Areny de Plandolit)
In the picturesque valley of Valira del Nord is the small town of Ordino, idyllically located near a large peak, about 3,000 meters high. The city has many quaint shops, quiet narrow streets and old churches, but among all this splendor stands the Arena Pladolit, a house built in 1633 and later restored in the mid-19th century by Baron de Senaler. This magnificent old house boasts a magnificent 1843 wrought iron balcony, on the ground floor there are pantries and a blacksmith's shop, and on the upper level there is an old arsenal with a large old barrel organ.
4. La Cortinada Church
In the village of La Cortinada, there is one of the most attractive small communities in Andorra. Surrounded by meadows and rocky mountains, the village is the location for the beautiful, 12th-century church of Sant Marti de la Cortinada. The church is one of the pearls of Andorra. The main attractions of the church are ancient murals, a Romanesque crypt and a beautiful old dovecote.
5. The Town of Escaldes (The Town of Les Escaldes)
The city of Les Escaldes takes its name from the many hot sulfur springs scattered around the community. The city is extremely popular among European tourists because of its thermal springs.
7. The Santa Coloma Church
On the main road leading from Andorra to Spain in the small village of Santa Coloma, is one of the oldest and most famous churches in the country - the church of Santa Coloma. It is distinguished by its rounded three-stage tower. The history of the church dates back to the 9th century. The church contains a statue of the Virgin Mary of the 12th century.
8. The capital of Andorra - Andorra la Vella (Andorra la Vella)
Located high in the eastern Pyrenees, the capital of Andorra, Andorra la Vella, is one of the highest capitals in the world, it is located at an altitude of more than 1000 meters above sea level. the busiest attraction of this little people. The main street of the city is dotted with shops selling everything from souvenirs to local works of art and crafts, and there are also many cafes and restaurants on the streets of the city. The main attractions of the city are Casa de la Vella, a 15th-century house that currently houses the government of Andorra, Piazza del Poble and the 12th-century Sant Esteve church.
9. Ski resort Vallnord
Vallnord is a unique ski resort in the heart of Europe, which is located in the north of Andorra. The complex includes three ski resorts - Arkalis, Pal and Arinsal. Vallnrod is a true paradise for skiers and snowboarders and the main tourist attraction of Andorra.
The capital of Andorra, its indigenous people and guests
Only about 70 thousand people live in the principality, most of whom are visitors who have received a residence permit. Most of them are Spaniards, some French and only a third of the total number of inhabitants are Andorran. There are a few diasporas in the countries of Scandinavia, Great Britain, etc. The official language is Catalan, but the national composition of the inhabitants makes its own adjustments, and to one degree or another, Spanish or French is used, including for communicating with tourists.
Church of San Estesto on Andorra la Vella MARIA ROSA FERRE
There is practically no crime here, the activities of all kinds of political unions and associations are prohibited, so you can be calm: you will not be disturbed by the sounds of protests and street riots. Four and a half hundred police officers of the country are monitoring the situation.
Fans of “strawberries” will be disappointed: strict morals, nurtured in Catholic traditions, put an end to striptease, nudism, prostitution, extramarital affairs are still condemning here. Even sexual minorities behave rather modestly. A foreigner who violates local laws or simply acts defiantly can be expelled from the principality. And be sure that this decision will not be affected by either the financial situation or the social status of the offender.
Tobacco Museum in San Julia de Loria in Andorra Kippelboy
The principality does not have its own currency and army. Euros are used, tourist facilities, cafes and restaurants also accept US dollars, without problems you can pay with credit cards of international payment systems, the amount of currency imported and exported from the state is not limited. But the guarantee of the security of a tiny state is provided by neighboring France and Spain. As the attractions of Andorra, Wikipedia notes a high level of culture, health care, a developed tourism infrastructure, a loyal tax and banking system. By and large, taxes are practically absent, so the principality is attractive to both financiers and entrepreneurs.
What miniature Andorra offers
Residents, daily admiring the beauties of their capital, carefully preserve the sights of Andorra la Vella and offer them to visitors for viewing in perfect condition. Clean streets, well-groomed parks, convenient pedestrian promenade areas, lots of shops, boutiques, cafes and restaurants - all this has a relaxing and productive rest.
The most popular attractions of the state of Andorra are:
- Caldea is the largest mountain thermal wellness center with unique features,
- Avenu Meritxell - the capital's street, in the architecture of which Roman style is seen, is considered one of the centers of diverse and profitable shopping,
- pedestrian cable-stayed bridge of unique architecture across the Valira river, crossing Andorra la Vella,
- “The nobility of time” - a sculpture of the odious Salvador Dali,
- Casa de la Val - “House of the Valleys” - an old castle built in the 16th century,
- Estany del Estani - a group of stunningly beautiful lakes with crystal water, surrounded by amazingly beautiful landscapes,
- Architectural Museum of Miniatures - the exposition demonstrates the beauty of the capital in mock-ups, which can be viewed only under a microscope, and created by our compatriot, Nikolai Syadristy.
This is only a small part of what will be interesting for tourists in Andorra la Vella, the sights of which will interest the most sophisticated travelers.
Having a smartphone or a professional camera on hand, you can capture Andorra's sights on a photograph, shoot an interesting video about hiking in the mountains or use special equipment to perpetuate your dive into one of the crystal clear lakes.
Ways leading to the Principality
You can’t get to Andorra by air or by train, due to the lack of an airport and railway in the state’s infrastructure. However, you can use these modes of transport, reaching France or Spain. The princedom is connected with neighboring states by comfortable highways. For transportation, you can choose a rental car, or use regular buses with a wide geography of routes.
The border between Spain and Andorra Moto Service Dinamarca
It's nice to enjoy the sights along the road to Andorra from Barcelona. The track, about two hundred kilometers long from Spain, mainly runs through picturesque places. The windows of the car constantly change landscapes with serpentine roads, mountain peaks covered with snow, views of the old churches and castles of the cities of San Julia de Loria and Santa Coloma, located in the south of the principality. Having enjoyed the sights of Andorra, Spain, or more precisely, its capital - Madrid, located only 613 km away, will take you to replenish your impressions.
Life is like a holiday
Each year, the resort offers visitors a number of festivals and concerts, which are prepared and held in almost every locality. In the programs: jazz, classical, folk art and dancing. Those who appear here on September 8 are doubly lucky, because on this day, just a dozen kilometers from the capital, the “Mare de Dew de Meritsel” is held - grandiose national celebrations honoring the Virgin Mary.
Fun holiday of the Magi in Andorra la Vella Don-vip
The first Saturday of August opens a three-day festival in the Plaza la Poble in honor of Andorra la Vella.Catholic Christmas and New Year are widely celebrated - at this time colorful holidays for kids are also organized.
After the trip, many tourists share their impressions of participating in events, stunning photos and descriptions of the sights of Andorra, posting them on their pages on social networks.
Summer holidays in Andorra
Despite the developed infrastructure of ski resorts, which are well-deserved, summer vacations in the principality are no less interesting than winter ones. Lovers of fun in the warm season are offered:
- kayaking trips
- rock climbing,
- base jumping.
When the snow melts, the Vallnord ski station becomes a great place for cycling enthusiasts. You can learn mountain biking here, having passed the appropriate training course under the guidance of a qualified instructor. Beginners and experienced cyclists are offered a choice of about two dozen scenic routes of varying difficulty with a vertical drop of up to 1 km. Hiking in the mountains and ravines is organized at the station’s base with the ability to tickle your nerves with a jump from dizzying heights, dive into the waters of the mountain lake Tristaina, and ride an amphibious car.
Amusement Park Naturlandia in Andorra Jordiferrer
Grandvalira is another station that changes its profile after the end of the ski season. Its golf courses at an altitude of two and a quarter thousand meters are the highest in Europe. Here you can go horse riding, go canoeing on the surface of the cleanest lake, or master the go-kart track with a breeze.
Going to Andorra, you can be sure that the rest will be interesting, varied, accompanied by a service of European quality.