- August 25, 2018
- Lukinova Natalia
Not far from Moscow there is a small town named after the famous Russian writer Chekhov. Due to its interesting history and numerous attractions, the Chekhov district of the Moscow region is very popular among tourists. It is quite possible to inspect it all in one day, so you should find a day off for yourself and enjoy the magnificent and interesting places, which are only 50 km from the capital. This article will focus on the sights of the city of Chekhov in the Moscow region, which should be carefully examined at least once in a lifetime.
Museum of Melikhovo
One of the most interesting sights of Chekhov and the surrounding area is the Chekhov House-Museum, located in the small village of Melikhovo. The famous writer lived in this house for 7 years, and here he not only wrote his famous works like "The Seagull" and "Uncle Vani", but also constantly led professional medical activities and helped build local schools for children. It was here, in the midst of magnificent nature, that the writer was inspired by his many works up to the moment of his move to Yalta, so much here is saturated with the atmosphere of his work.
The building itself became a museum only in 1940, but, despite this, many of his personal belongings were preserved here, as well as an extension like a first-aid post and an outbuilding. Around the house there is a magnificent large garden, which repeats the one that was here in the last years of the XIX century.
Ascension of David Desert
In 1515, one of the most beautiful sights of the city of Chekhov was built on the banks of the Lopasni River, namely the Ascension Davidow Desert Monastery. Now more than 200 holy relics of various saints - Sergius of Radonezh, St. Andrew the First-Called and many others are open here for visiting tourists. In addition to visiting the temple itself, many tourists are interested in the open monastery courtyard, in which there is a consecrated spring that has clean holy water.
The monastery itself was created in the 16th century by the Rev. David Voznesensky, who built the first church of wood and monastic cells. He arrived at this place with the Sign of the Icon of the Mother of God, which was considered the main shrine of this landmark of Chekhov.
During the Soviet Union, the church was dealt a very strong blow, but now it is again an active church, where liturgies are constantly held, although restoration work is still ongoing.
Museum of Peasant Life
Another interesting attraction of the city of Chekhov is the museum of peasant life, which is made in such a way as to completely immerse the tourist in the usual rural life of a villager living in it in past centuries. It was founded originally so that people could revive the original Russian traditions. It is located directly in the very center of the city in an old mansion built in the style of the 19th century, adjacent to the theater.
The main exhibits, as you can understand, are traditional objects that were used by peasants. It regularly hosts creative evenings that tell about the life of peasants.
This attraction of Chekhov is closely connected with the Goncharovs and Pushkins, since Pushkin’s wife, Natalia Goncharova, married General Lansky after his death, thus interlacing several families at once. It was this estate that became their ancestral home. Particular attention is paid to the fact that it was here in 1917 that one of Pushkin’s manuscripts was found, which, however, remained incomplete. Now the "History of Peter" is stored in the Pushkin House, and only the magnificent estate, made in the Baroque architectural style, is put up for the viewer. It was built in the XVIII century, but despite this, it still looks very elegant. The interior is created in the Empire style, which makes the furniture incredibly luxurious. Also a pleasant entertainment will be a walk in a large park, in which there are several cascading ponds.
Chekhov Memorial School
As mentioned earlier, Chekhov during his stay in Chekhov was actively involved in the construction of schools. One of them, in Novoselki, is now considered a memorial. It was built by the writer in 1897 and for a long time served as the zemstvo school. Now this landmark of Chekhov is one of the museums dedicated to the writer, and it contains a very interesting exposition that tells about the most legendary heroes of his works.
In addition, here you can learn about the very era in which the writer lived, about his world and his contemporaries, which he used as prototypes of his characters. Here Chekhov’s spirit permeates every corner - the atmosphere of the museum seems to be filled with a writer. Walking along it with a guided tour, you can completely immerse yourself in the world created by the writer, and even live a little in it.
In the small village of Meshcherskoye is one of the attractions of Chekhov, namely an old manor. For many years, these lands belonged to Prince Meshchersky, who set himself this house. Subsequently, these lands began to belong to Baron Bode, who in the mid-19th century erected a unique church of the Protection of the Virgin. In the building itself, one can trace the standard features of Russian architecture, which was ubiquitous in the 17th century. Now here for many years there has been a psychiatric clinic, which was often visited by Anton Pavlovich Chekhov. It is believed that it was she who prompted the writer to write his famous short story “Ward No. 6,” but this hypothesis was not verified by writers for certain.
Near the facade of the house there is one unnatural detail - two Atlanta, which appeared here is completely unknown where. This fact made the writer laugh quite strongly when he first saw them. But in general, if you distract from the purpose of the building, you can with great pleasure walk along the picturesque alleys located here.
Interesting places Chekhov
The site contains Chekhov's attractions - photos, descriptions and travel tips. The list is based on popular guides and is presented by type, name and rating. Here you will find answers to questions: what to see in Chekhov, where to go and where are the popular and interesting places of Chekhov.
The source of Rev. David in the village of Talezh, Chekhov district of the Moscow region, is a courtyard of the Ascension David Desert, a 30-kilometer male monastery in the village of Novy Byt.
In the fenced, guarded territory, there is the Holy Spring itself, above which stands the chapel in honor of the Icon of the Mother of God "Life-giving Spring", the temple chapel in the name of St. David, the belfry, two bathhouses, a male and female, a gazebo and a priest's house.
The holy spring is open for pilgrims from 8.00 to 21.00 except Monday. Monday is a sanitary day. On this day, cleaning of the territory and various technical works are carried out, water is drained from the baths, the floor is disassembled and dried, the tanks are washed, in which water from the Holy Spring is located at normal times.
The Sacraments of Baptism and Wedding are performed at the Holy Spring
Ascension of David Deserts
On the right bank of Lopasni, on the territory of Khatunsky volost, near the village of New Life, there is the Ascension of the David Deserts. This is a man’s monastery, which is part of the Moscow Patriarchate.
The monastery was founded by Rev. David in 1515. Some traditions say that it was David who planted a lime grove near the temple.
On the territory of the monastery, above the northern gate, is the Assumption Church, built in 1740. This place cannot but impress. There are several churches, each of them has its own color. The buildings are very bright: pink, orange, yellow and white. The domes of all the temples are black with gilding, and large crosses are installed on them.
In 1619, the Cossacks were ruined by the Cossacks under the leadership of Peter Sagaidachny and the Lithuanians. On April 1, 1625, the monastery was reopened.
More than two hundred particles of the relics of God's saints are stored in the desert. Here you can see a special ark, in which lies a particle from the Nail of the Crucifixion of Christ.
What sights of Chekhov did you like? Next to the photo area there are icons, by clicking on which you can evaluate this or that place.
The literary and memorial museum reserve, as the estate is also called, was opened in 1940. The sister of the playwright contributed to this. Thanks to her, the estate was perfectly preserved to this day, despite the fact that it was built in 1894.
Chekhov’s fiefdom is a master’s house, an outbuilding, an aquarium pond, a garden with centuries-old trees and a vegetable garden. In his country residence, the writer loved to receive guests and work. Here, away from the bustle of the city, he felt comfortable.
A museum is now open in the manor house, where the dramatist’s personal belongings, furniture, manuscripts, and paintings by artists that were presented to Chekhov as gifts are presented as exhibits. In total, more than 10 thousand things.
Near the main building of the estate there is an outbuilding, which also houses a small museum. For the curious, there are exhibits of the 19th century. Mostly peasant household items.
The manor museum is open every day.
In photo mode, you can view the sights in Chekhov only by photographs.
On the map of Russia there are estates that did not play any significant role in history, but nevertheless are an integral part of Russian culture. One of these estates is Peshkovo. Little has been preserved from its former grandeur, but the old park with centuries-old trees continues to be a “frontier” opposing buildings and plunging us into the past.
Among the historical documents, very little data has been preserved about the Peshkovo estate, except for reports that in the second half of the 18th century it belonged to the adviser N.I. Durnovo, whose relatives subsequently inherited the estate. Then, a certain Mrs. Frisch owned the estate, and after it the owners changed several more times.
According to archival documents, it was possible to reconstruct the appearance of the estate complex. It included a residential building, wooden wings, a greenhouse, a stable, poultry houses and other outbuildings. All this testified to the fact that at the turn of the XIX-XX centuries Peshkovo was a very developed landowner economy. Only a small outbuilding, a bathhouse and a small part of the linden park with ponds have survived to this day.
Manor of the Youth
Manor of Molody appears in historical sources starting in 1649. In 1699 & # 8201, Peter the Great granted it to his comrade-in-arms, member of the Great Embassy Fedor Golovin, who later headed the diplomatic department. During this period, large-scale stone construction unfolds in the estate of Molody, a stone house appears, numerous outbuildings, a church. A vast park with a regular layout, arbors, pavilions, grottoes was laid out.
The next construction period dates back to 1775-1778, when the entire architectural ensemble of the estate was being renovated. Then the family tomb of the Golovins was built. Subsequently, repair work was also carried out at the next owners of the estate. The church is also being rebuilt - side altars and two symmetrically located bell towers in the classical style were added to the main volume of the “octagon on quad” type. In the external decoration of the church, Western architectural trends are traced.
The main manor house has been preserved to this day. From the once magnificent two-story building, only external walls, as well as pediments, have actually been preserved. The park reminds of its former splendor, in which traces of the previous layout are still visible.
The exact date of the foundation of the Vasino estate is unknown, but there is an assumption that this happened in the second half of the XVIII century, and the landowner A.I. became the first owner. Plakhova. Throughout the XIX century, the owners of the estate replaced each other several times. from the manor complex the main house has been preserved, built in the Empire style, which is quite rare for the Moscow region.
Hidden from prying eyes by modern country houses, the manor house is the only keeper of the history of the estate. The house is wooden, one-story with mezzanines. A six-column Tuscan portico decorates the house along the main facade, a dome is located in the central part of the main volume on a small drum, and decorative spiers crown the lower side wings.
After the revolution, the estate was nationalized and subsequently abandoned. For some time a school was located here, which, due to the dilapidation of the mansion, was transferred to another building. Currently, the building, surrounded by the remnants of an orchard, is in no way used and is gradually being destroyed.
The village of Sharapovo is located 5 kilometers northwest of Chekhov. This estate belonged to G.N. Vasilchikov, who was a relative of one of the favorites of Empress Catherine the Second. The Vasilchikovs are representatives of one of the most famous Russian noble families, famous for their deeds in the military and civil service.
Even from afar, at the entrance to the village of Sharapovo, you can see the church of All Mourners with a bell tower. The temple was built in 1815, and the bell tower and refectory appeared in the middle of the XIX century. This architectural complex is built in archaic enough forms for that period. For example, round windows of the second tier of the church and the refectory are more characteristic of classicism at the end of the 18th century.
Not far from the church is a seemingly modest two-story brick house - this is the manor house, which was the central core of the estate. Today it houses a local school. The building was built in the second half of the XVIII century. Particularly noteworthy are the tiled stoves located on the second floor, decorated with cannulated ionic pilasters. Once upon a time, a picturesque alley led from the main gate to the house, from which only fragments were preserved.
The village of Vaskino, located in a picturesque area, has been known since the end of the 17th century, when it was the estate of M.T. Likhachev. The estate was in his possession from 1689 to 1708, and he entered the history of the village as the initiator of the construction of a stone church of the Nativity of the Virgin with the chapels of the Resurrection of Lazarus and Nikita Stolpnik. Built in 1700, the church stylistically corresponded to the forms of Moscow Baroque, and was later rebuilt in a pseudo-Gothic style.
In subsequent years, the estate has changed owners more than once. At the beginning of the XIX century, it was bought by the princes Shcherbatov, known for their revolutionary ideas. In those years, the estate was quite closely connected with the movement of the Decembrists, who often came to visit its owners. More than once there were I.D. Yakushkin, S.I. Muravyov-Apostol and Prince F.P. Shakhovskaya, who later became the son-in-law of the owner of the estate. Often, Pushkin's famous friend, philosopher and publicist P.Ya. Chaadaev also came here. One can only imagine how violent discussions flared up in this quiet and cozy corner, how the spirit of free thought hovered here.
Of the manor buildings, little has been preserved - the manor house, some farm buildings, as well as a park with ponds. The Christmas Church survived difficult times - in 1930 it was closed and transferred to a village club, and only in 1997 was returned to believers. In 2002, restoration work began.
Source of Rev. David
If not for patrons and oligarchs - the Temple of David Serpukhov, for which the complex was built and might not have been. Rich people invested a lot of money to restore the monastery after the collapse of the Soviet Union. The church, belfry and fonts look very beautiful, but in the spirit of modernity. All finishing materials no longer convey that former attractiveness. But despite this, David’s compound is popular and attracts hundreds of tourists every day.
The holy spring exists from the first days of the church. Today, he is assigned one of the main places in the complex. Water flowing from under the earth falls into two fonts - female and male. There you can not only get holy water, but also swim. A place in the font allows this with interest. The remaining streams of the source flow into a small rivulet, the banks of which are beautifully lined with decorative stones. Through the pond, neat iron bridges with carved railings are provided.
Manor Lopasnya-Zachatievskoye is a unique historical monument of the XVIII-XIX centuries. It is interesting not only from an architectural point of view, but also as a work of landscape art. At present, a museum is operating here, the exposition of which is dedicated to the history of the families of the estate owners - Princes Vasilchikovs - with such famous families as the Pushkins, Lansky and Goncharovs, their relations, leisure, roles in the history of Russia.
The manor house built in the middle of the 18th century in baroque power with an empire-style porch built in 1827 has survived to this day. The house is surrounded by a picturesque old park, in which traces of a regular layout have been preserved. One of the decorations of the park are 7 ponds located in cascade. Thanks to the neatly completed restoration work, the interiors of the house were restored in the form they were in the 2nd half of the 19th century. Without a doubt, this architectural ensemble is one of the most beautiful places in the Moscow region.
One of the main attractions of the estate is the Church of the Conception of the Righteous Anna, built in the late XVII - 1st half of the XIX centuries. On its territory there is a necropolis, where the remains of the descendants of A.S. Pushkin, as well as their relatives Vasilchikovs, who were the owners of the estate. The history of these places is closely connected with the family of the great Russian poet, so quite often the estate of Lopasnya-Zachatievsky is called the "Pushkin Nest".
The story of Sadki’s estate actually began with the construction of the Church of St. John the Baptist. It was erected in 1771 by the founders of the estate, the Eropkins, who owned it until the middle of the 19th century. The main manor house was built of wood and collapsed over the years. Subsequently, the estate was restored in brick, but the original appearance was lost. Only fragments of manor buildings, as well as an old linden park with cascades of ponds, have survived to our days.
The main attraction of the Sadki estate is a classic-style church with baroque elements. Throughout its history, the temple has undergone major changes that actually destroyed its original appearance. Nevertheless, this is a very picturesque building, crowned by a light rotunda, above which a dome rises. The refectory adjoins the church, which was expanded in the 19th century through the construction of aisles. At the same time as the refectory, a two-tier belfry was built.
In the 30s, the church was ravaged and closed, and only in 1991 it was decided to return it to believers. At the same time, work began on the restoration of the main manor house. Another shrine is the holy springs, beating from the ground near the temple.
The most popular attractions in Chekhov with descriptions and photos for every taste. Choose the best places to visit famous places of Chekhov on our website.
Museum of letters of A.P. Chekhov
When A.P. Chekhov arrived in the village of Lopasnya (future Chekhov), the city did not have its own post office, all letters and correspondence were transmitted in the most primitive ways. Only with the initiative of the writer, in 1896 in the city appeared its own postal and telegraph office.
In 1987, the former post office became a museum of the creator's epistolary heritage. Over the years of the writer’s life, they were given about 2 thousand letters. A lot of this has become part of the exposition.
Holy spring in Talezh
In the fenced area, in the vicinity of the small village of Talezh, is located the ancient spring of Rev. David. This place is considered sacred, and the water extracted from the spring has healing properties. A prayer was knocked out on a stone not far from the spring, inviting them to overshadow themselves with the banner of the cross and pray for holy Russia.
Above the spring stands the ancient chapel of Our Lady, the Church of St. David, the bell tower, the bathhouse and the house of the priest.
Ascension of David Deserts
Another local attraction is the large Ascension David Desert Monastery, located on the right bank of the Lopasni River, in the village of Novy Byt of the Chekhov district, from the middle of the 16th century.
There is a huge bell tower at the entrance to the monastery, and next to it is a small pond, in the clear water of which all the cathedrals and temples built here are reflected. The monastery belfry offers stunning views of the landscape of the surrounding territories and the territory of the monastery itself.
Central Park of Culture and Leisure in Chekhov
The main Chekhov park, which arose at the end of the XVIII century. The Pushkin family often walked around this park, which they often recalled in their memoirs.
When you walk around the park, look at the cascade of ponds. Each pond has its own name and stories. For example, according to legend, in one of the ponds - “the little mermaid”, a girl in love drowned, so that to this day her tears do not allow the pond to dry. And nearby is a stump where, after the suicide of her husband, daughter A.S. often sat Pushkin - Maria Hartung. And there are many such stories.
Temple of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God
Anno-Zachatievsky Church of Chekhov is located in the estate of Zachatievskaya, which once belonged to a couple of princes Vasilchikovs. The temple was erected in the style of Moscow Baroque, but, subsequently, it was rebuilt already with notes of classicism.
The main shrine of the temple - the Kazan icon of the Mother of God, more than once showed miraculous properties during the periods of wars. Draftees for the Chechen war of 1997, who were present at the prayer service on the day of the celebration of the icon, returned home safe and sound.
Church of the Nativity
In Melikhovo there were two churches, which were located almost a hundred meters from each other: this is the Church of the Nativity of Christ and the Holy Cross Exaltation Church. So Chekhov rebuilt the old wooden church and additionally built a smaller church.
Despite the fact that both passed difficult times in the Soviet era, today both churches have been restored and are ready to please tourists at any time.
Cathedral of the Ascension
The building of the Ascension Cathedral is a worthy example of architecture of the XVII century. At the base of the cathedral is a two-tier quadruple with five chapters. A two-story gallery has not reached our days, as well as aisles from the northeast and southeast end. Only one chapel has survived, in honor of the Assumption of the Holy Virgin, and partly - the western gallery.
The interior of the cathedral is no less impressive: baroque columns with pediments, a multi-tiered iconostasis, luxurious royal gates.
Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in New Life
The Ascension Cathedral from the north adjoins the building of the Church of St. Nicholas, executed in the classical style. This is a small one-domed church, crowned with gables and connected to the Ascension Cathedral with the help of the sacristy and library annexes.
St. Nicholas Church was repeatedly reconstructed - as early as the beginning of the 19th century, it was completely rebuilt, and later on its individual elements were often built anew.
World War II Memorial
In the middle of the memorial square on Chekhov Street, near the monument to the T-34-85 tank, there is another object of eternal memory, created in honor of the Lopasnens, who gave their lives on the battlefield in 1941-1945.
A granite memorial plaque decorated with flowers with embossed words of respect to the fallen soldiers is located on a stair pedestal in front of an arched stone structure, about 3.5 meters high, the top of which is completed by a massive iron bell.
Monument to the Soviet tank T-34-85
This is a monument to the legendary combat vehicle, which formed the basis of the military power of the Soviet Union during the Great Patriotic War, largely thanks to which the offensive of the fascist invaders was suppressed. The monument was erected in 1980.
The tank rises on a massive pedestal lined with black granite tiles. A memorial plaque on the 26th Tank Brigade, which defended the city to the last, together with the 17th Rifle Division, was engraved on the pedestal.
Square named after A.P. Chekhov
One of the main exhibits in the central square of Chekhov is the square in memory of A.P. Chekhov, with beautiful fountains, manicured lawns and most importantly, with a bronze monument to the great writer, placed on a massive granite pedestal.
The square is always perfectly clean and well-maintained, its paths are lined with beautiful red paving stones, and green trees provide coolness on hot days. This is the perfect place for an evening walk both alone and in company.
Monument to Prokin
Near the war memorial is a monument to A.M. Prokin - a history teacher, local historian and honorary citizen of Chekhov. He worked all his life in the schools of Chekhov and in Dubna as a historian. He made a lot of efforts to create his own museum of local lore, as well as a museum dedicated to the Second World War in Chekhov High School No. 4 of Chekhov.
Unfortunately, in 2001 A.M. Prokin died tragically. In the same year, at the expense of his students, a monument was erected to him, and the square where he was installed was named after him.
Chekhov City Theater
The main and so far the only city theater in Chekhov is located in an old house of the century before last. The architecture of the theater has not been substantially changed since that time.
The theater successfully develops theatrical art of Chekhov, introducing residents of the city to high art and educating the artistic taste among the masses of the population.
It is in the building of the city theater that the Museum of the City Life is more famous among tourists.
The Vityaz Ice Hockey Center is an international arena with a capacity of 3300 spectators. This is a modern sports facility, with advanced video and audio equipment, bars, saunas, high-quality stands, an excellent, roomy park and many others.
At the entrance you will meet a sculpture of the ancient Roman goddess Dawn Aurora.
Mini farm Pronino
The farmhouse in the village of Pronino, 11 kilometers from the city of Chekhov, has long been a local attraction. This is a classic rustic "village house" in the Slavic style, made of wood with old Russian carvings. The internal layout is also made in the old Russian style, including kitchen utensils and furniture.
What sights to see in Chekhov in one day
If you have no more than 24 hours to familiarize yourself with the historical heritage, then I recommend you a route like this:
- passage through the central square,
- visiting the writer's memory square,
- visit the Lopasnya-Zachatievskoye complex,
- go to the Postal Museum,
- museum complex of peasant life,
- Museum-Reserve "Melikhovo".
If you are ready to stay at least a couple of days, then I recommend not to stop at museums, but to look at the famous estates, take a walk in temples of historical value, and get to the holy sources.
City Chekhov Moscow Region
The city of Chekhov appeared on the map of the Moscow region relatively recently, in 1954. The core of it became three closely located villages, long since united by the common name Lopasnya. But the city was named after the eminent Russian writer A.P. Chekhov.
The writer lived for 7 years in the Melikhovo estate, located a few kilometers from the city. He wrote 42 works (the famous plays “The Seagull”, “Uncle Vanya”, the stories “Chamber No. 6” and others), worked as a doctor, organized the opening of rural schools and the post office, led an active social life.
The Chekhov gull is depicted on the coat of arms of the city of Chekhov. A flying seagull is a symbol of the city.
Some facts about the city of Chekhov
- The population of Chekhov is about 70 thousand people.
- The city is only 5 kilometers long. The city can be bypassed on foot, if you do not take into account the private sector on the outskirts, the remote areas of Venyukovo (a former working village, was annexed to the city) and Gubernsky (a new microdistrict at the northern entrance to the city).
- From Chekhov to the outskirts of Moscow along the Simferopol highway 52 km. Buses from Moscow run from Yuzhnaya metro station.
- A railroad passes through the city; Kursk trains from Tula, Serpukhov and Chekhov himself travel to Moscow. The station is called, as well as the city - Chekhov.
- A tributary of the Oka River flows through the city - the Lopasnya River.
- 30 km south of Chekhov is the city of Serpukhov, about the same distance north is the city of Podolsk.
- In Chekhov there is no Lenin street, as well as a square. The main streets are called Moscow and Chekhov, and Sovetskaya Square. There is only a small street Ilyich.
- In Chekhov there are fountains in Chekhov's park (next to the administration), in front of the Druzhba CTC, on ul. Spring (near the store "Bill"), in the square of the Polygraphists and on the street Gagarina in Venyukovo.
- The city has a Chekhov city theater.
The bus station and the railway station in Chekhov are in one place - on Vokzalnaya Square (house 8 and house 7D). The railway station used to be called Lopasnya, after the name of the village. Lopasnia became the city of Chekhov in 1954, and the station was renamed Chekhov only in 1965.
The railway station has suburban ticket offices and a long-distance ticket office. There is a waiting room for passengers and terminals for ticket sales. The platform is equipped with turnstiles.
The building of the railway station in Chekhov is historical, it was opened in 1865. On the building from the platform side there is a bas-relief of the writer Chekhov and a commemorative plate with the inscription:
Station Lopasnya station in 1892 - 1899 was connected with the life and social life of Anton Pavlovich Chekhov.
Both the bas-relief and the tablet are placed in such a place that you can see them only if you specifically look for or carefully study the walls of the station.
Despite the considerable age of the railway station, it does not look like a ruin; in 2003, a major overhaul of the building was carried out. The area around the station is spontaneous trade, stalls, stalls - all as in the 90s of the last century.
In municipal buses, travel for pensioners is free, for other passengers - 48 rubles, as throughout the Moscow region.
The fare for a commercial bus in the city of Chekhov is 36 rubles, for senior citizens, a 50% discount is 18 rubles. Moreover, for pensioners of all, not only Chekhovites, conductors do not ask for a pension certificate.
You can get to Moscow by train - this is the Kursk direction. The nearest metro station "Tsaritsyno" with the station of the same name. Travel time is approximately 1 hour 5 minutes. Ticket price - 110 rubles. The express train can be reached faster (time varies: 54 minutes, 42 minutes), the ticket price is 220 rubles, but it runs only 2-3 times a day.
Also, buses 365 go to Moscow along the route Chekhov-metro Yuzhnaya and 458 Serpukhov - metro Yuzhnaya.Instead of buses, you can travel by passing cars, the price of the trip is cheaper - 150 rubles instead of 170 rubles, well, you will reach faster than by bus.
To get to the city of Podolsk it is better to take an electric train, it will take about 35 minutes, the price is 66 rubles. Bus 61 will have to travel 1.5-2 hours excluding traffic jams, moreover, buses rarely run.
With banks and ATMs in Chekhov is not very good. Bank branches in Chekhov can be listed, the list will be small:
- Sberbank has 5 branches - this is an unconditional and quite expected leader,
- Post Bank in post offices of Russia - 4 pieces,
- 2 branches of the Bank of the Renaissance,
- 2 branches of Geobank (one of them in the Carousel shopping center),
- VTB branch
- VTB Bank of Moscow branch
- ICD - was opened in the summer of 2017,
Where to eat
Traditionally, you can eat fast and inexpensively in fast food:
- McDonald's (24-hour Mac Auto). Address: Sovetskaya street, possession 1.
- Burger King in the Carousel shopping center (round-the-clock auto distribution) Address: Old Simferopol highway, 1, 1st floor.
- In the Carnival shopping center on the 4th floor there are restaurants: Burger King, Baby Potato, Chocolate Girl, IL Patio and others. The shopping center is located at: st. Moscow, house 96.
Here on the 4th floor there is a 3-D movie theater "Matrix" and a kids club "Komarik", where you can leave the children to play.
Address: st. Pushkin, d. 10. Phone: 8 (496) 723-03-89
Working hours: Every day from 10.00 to 17.00, except Monday and the last Friday of each month (sanitary day).
Ticket price: from May to September - 100 rubles, for pensioners and children - 60 rubles, from October to April - 70 rubles, for pensioners - 60 rubles, for children - 50 rubles.
On the site of the former village of Zachatievskoye there is a museum organized in the building of the estate, which once belonged to the Vasilchikov family. Interestingly, the writer Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin himself never visited the estate, which is part of the Pushkin museums and is called the Pushkin Nest. His personality has nothing to do with this place.
After the duel and the death of Pushkin, his wife Natalya Nikolaevna Goncharova married Peter Lansky for the second time. Lanskoy was a friend of the owner of the estate - Nikolai Ivanovich Vasilchikov. In addition, Vasilchikov’s wife was Lansky’s sister. Therefore, the children of Natalia Nikolaevna from their first and second marriage often lived in Lopasna.
Later, the brother of Natalia Nikolaevna Ivan Goncharov married the daughter of Vasilchikov, Catherine. It was their children who later - three sisters inherited the estate. Therefore, it is often called Goncharovskaya.
Pushkin's eldest daughter Maria Gartung and the eldest son Alexander often came to the estate. Alexander married the native niece of his stepfather Sofya Lanskoy. After the death of her parents, she was brought up in the family of Natalia Nikolaevna and Peter Lansky, so the church did not give permission for marriage. Only after receiving the consent of Emperor Alexander II, the lovers got married.
The couple had 11 children, but at 36, Sofia died and was buried in the family cemetery near the Zachatievskaya Church. Alexander was very worried about the loss and loved to sit in his office and look out the window at the church. Nevertheless, eight years later, he remarried.
Alexander Alexandrovich bequeathed to bury himself next to his first wife Sophia, but was buried in the Kashirsky district of the Moscow region. Only in 1963, his ashes were transferred to the family necropolis.
The estate is closely intertwined with 4 noble families: Vasilchikovs, Lansky, Pushkins, Goncharovs.
The estate of Lopasnya-Zachatievskoye is also known for the history of the missing manuscript of Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin. After the death of the Poet, his unfinished work, The History of Peter, was lost — a biography of Emperor Peter I. In 1917, Pushkin’s grandson, Grigory Alexandrovich, found a lost manuscript in the estate, which was first published in 1938.
Church of the Conception of Anna the Righteous
Address: st. Pushkin, d. 7
The Church of Anna of the Righteous Conception is beautiful, airy, directed upwards thanks to a three-tier bell tower and a high spire. Located on the southern outskirts of the city, next to the city park of culture and recreation.
This old church was founded in late 1694 on a wooden site. The church is called Zachatievsky in honor of Anna, the wife of the steward Savva Lukyanovich Vasilchikov. It was with his money that this church was built. According to legend, after the start of construction, Anna was able to conceive and give birth to a long-awaited child.
The Conception Church, built in the form of a five-domed church, is an example of Moscow posad architecture. In Soviet times it was plundered, in 1988 it was returned to the church.
The church is interesting for the necropolis located on its territory. Here are the graves of the first owners of the Vasilchikovs estate, as well as Lansky and Pushkins. Pushkins: the poet’s oldest son, Alexander Alexandrovich with his wife Sophia, grandson Grigory Alexandrovich and two granddaughters, are buried.
Here in the cemetery, among the old graves, stands the old cast-iron chapel of the wealthy merchant Pyotr Prokin.
On a hillside, not far from the entrance to the Anno-Zachatievsky Church, a spring was once beaten consecrated in honor of the righteous Joachim and Anna. After the reconstruction of the territory, a bow cross was installed near the source. Pilgrims came here who want to have children. Now the spring is dry.
City park of culture and rest
Chekhov's Culture and Leisure Park is the former territory of the Lopasnya-Zachatievskoye estate. Immediately after entering the park, there is an iron bridge over the Lopasnu River. The park is launched, from the improvement of only paths, benches and flower beds.
From the owners of the estate were cascading ponds in which ducks live. These are Big, Mermaid, Pike, Karaseviy, Bakhmarinsky, Spring ponds. In Soviet times, there was an amusement park, nowadays it is difficult to call this place a city park of culture and recreation.
Museum of letters of A.P. Chekhov
Address: Chekhov street, 4a. Phone: 8(496) 722-40-79.
Working hours: daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday and the last Friday of each month - a sanitary day.
Ticket price: 60 rubles, for pensioners - 50 rubles, for children - 40 rubles.
Talking about the sights of the city of Chekhov, it is necessary to mention the small museum of letters of A.P. Chekhov. It is located near the Chekhov railway station. In the courtyard - a monument to Anton Pavlovich Chekhov.
The post office was opened in Lopasna in 1896 at the initiative of the writer and the local intelligentsia. For 10 years there was a post office with a telegraph in this building.
The museum consists of two rooms: in one there is a historical reconstruction of the post office of the late 19th century, in the other - letters, including Anton Pavlovich and postcards.
Chekhov Museum-Reserve Melikhovo
Address: Moscow region, Chekhov district, the village of Melikhovo.
Museum Hours: Every day from 10.00 to 17.00, the ticket office of the museum is open until 16:45. The day off is Monday, the last Friday of every month is a sanitary day.
The Chekhov Museum-Reserve is located not in the city itself, but in the village of Melikhovo and belongs to the sights of the Chekhov district of the Moscow region. But the museum is such a significant cultural place that I want to talk about it once again. He is on the estate, where in the nineties of the XIX century lived A.P. Chekhov with his family: parents, sister and brother. The museum consists of several houses:
- the main house where the Chekhov family lived and he himself,
- the outbuilding where the writer retired and worked (the only building that survived, the rest was a remake),
- first-aid post "Ambulatory"
- other outbuildings.
And of course, the personal territory on which ponds, vegetable gardens, and monuments to the writer are located. The most beautiful time in Melikhovo is spring, when the gardens bloom. In spring, the international theater festival "Melikhovsky Spring" also takes place.
Fans of the theater and Chekhov must visit the Melikhovo Museum. On the basis of the museum, the Chekhov Studio Theater was created. Performances, including children's ones, take place all year round in Melikhovo. Theater Saturdays are held: mini-performances of 20 minutes each.
Monument to Chekhov
In the city of Chekhov there are three monuments to the writer Anton Chekhov.
- In the park named after Chekhov.
- In the square of the Museum of Letters on Chekhov Street, 4a (near the station).
- On the territory of school number 1 on Molodezhnaya street, 10A.
Church of St. John the Baptist
The Church of St. John the Baptist has existed since 1771. Initially, the building was a small quadrangle, completed using a rotunda. The thin drum head and the bell tower with three tiers were connected by the refectory, which was expanded in the 19th century. Subsequently, two limits were organized in the name of John the Baptist and Michael the Archangel, small utility rooms and a vestibule were attached. It was in this form that the temple was preserved.
House of the Clergy of the Church of Anna of the Righteous Conception
One of the most famous religious sites in Chekhov is the Church of Anna of the Righteous Conception. At this facility is located House of Clergy. Both buildings amaze with their architecture, made in the best principles of the classical Russian style. In addition, today the church is functioning successfully, so visiting the sights will contribute to the appearance of peace of mind.